Assistant Director, Patron and Individual Giving
The Assistant Director participates in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals giving $2,500+ annually. The Assistant Director also cultivates and solicits gifts from an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects and manages the Young Associates program.
- Manage a portfolio of current and prospective donors.
- Develop strategies to engage donors and prospects to encourage increased involvement and secure increased gifts from assigned prospects.
- Participate in the planning and execution of group cultivation events, including list selection, extending invitations and managing rsvp process.
- Provide staffing support for Young Associates Chairman, including cultivation/solicitation plan for assigned prospects.
- Manage meetings and activities of the Young Associates Steering Committee.
- Assist Patrons – in person and via telephone, mail and email – by addressing concerns and providing customer service.
- Host at Patron and Young Associates events and entertain assigned prospects individually
- Manage Patron renewal schedule for solicitation of unassigned Patrons
- Manage Young Associates Program, including solicitation schedule, calendar of activities and events and other special projects.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree. Three or more years of individual fundraising experience; interest in the performing arts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience with fundraising database systems; knowledge of Tessitura preferred.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Team player.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Evening and weekend work required.
Please send us your resume with a cover letter.