Development Assistant - Temp
This position will provide administrative support for the Assistant General Manager–Development, the Director of Development, and the Director of Charitable Gift and Estate Planning.
The Assistant must be a highly organized and extremely detail-oriented individual with good communications skills and a calm, pleasant manner. He/she must write well, be able to meet deadlines, and work independently and proactively within a large organization. In addition, this individual must have the necessary poise, discretion, and judgment to work well with high level Board members, senior management, colleagues and support staff. Flexibility and a good sense of humor are also a must.
- Organize cultivation activities, including calling/e-mailing invitations, confirming guests, vouchering and delivering tickets, making restaurant reservations, place- carding tables, and updating Tessitura records after the event.
- Update records in Tessitura; handle mailings.
- Schedule appointments and make follow-up telephone calls.
- Help prepare gift agreement letters and contracts.
- Track prospect identification and follow up.
- Process gifts and pledges from Patrons for submission to the Finance Department.
- Process honorary and memorial donations for submission to the Finance Department.
- Process invoices, purchase orders and expense reports; maintain budget.
- Administrative tasks such as answering phones, making car/restaurant reservations, preparing photocopies, opening mail, and organizing meetings.
- E-mail ticket orders to Customer Care; make trips to 585/Box Office and handle ticket exchanges.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- College degree required
- Experience working in an office
- Strong computer database and spreadsheet skills. Knowledge of Tessitura or Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Good writing and proofreading skills