Application Support Associate
The Application Support Associate will maintain, assign tasks and oversee all processes of assigned applications. They will provide the overall support of assigned applications and related systems. Responsibilities include assessing needs, recommend assigning projects to Application Staff, analysis, installation, troubleshooting, application functionality and ongoing application training of end users.
§ Monitor applications systems for data quality, efficiency, operation, and integrity.
§ Provide application systems administration and guidance for Application Staff.
§ Maintain familiarity with all responsible applications in order to provide customer support and direction on the effective usage and continued growth of the application products.
§ Work closely with technical staff and vendors and document user needs, outcomes and procedures. Monitor Application staff
§ Research enhancement requests to verify they do not interfere with daily operations, as well as no data integrity issues. Communicate and fulfill enhancement requests from users.
§ Respond to requests and reported problems. Ensure issues are reported into automated issue/problem report database.
§ Participate in user meetings to gather new requests and issues. Communicate status of open issues using issue logs and other tools.
§ Ensure procedures for new application releases are implemented; conduct the testing and release-to-production procedures to ensure quality release rollouts.
§ Create reports for statistical information and constituent data extraction.
§ Investigate and implement ongoing special projects as assigned. Diagnose and understand underlying technical problems.
§ Take a leadership role by increasing application knowledge and understanding additional uses.
§ Assist in the monitoring of applications systems for data quality, efficiency, operation, and integrity.
§ Communicate status of open issues using issue logs and other tools.
§ Perform and assign other duties as requested or assigned
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Experience in Information Management or other related field. Equivalent combination of education, training, application software support, software installation projects and experience may be considered.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of data processing concepts and technologies is required.
- Proven demonstrated success in the techniques and communications skills needed to successfully support software installation and application support.
- Ability to manage and/or be involved in multiple projects at the same time and deliver quality service.
- Excellent organizational skills and be able to prioritize multiple projects and objectives in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must be able to work closely with technical staff and vendors, as well as being able to document user needs, outcomes and procedures.
- Must have the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team and possess teambuilding skills.
- Ability to act as a team leader when necessary. Must possess strong oral, presentation, and written communication skills. Must be able to articulate technical and user needs in a concise manner easily understood by all.
- Must have the ability to maintain a high energy level and express a positive attitude.